Tuesday, September 13, 2011

8 Days

Today I've been thinking a lot about how my life is soon going to change. 8 days..that's all I have left assuming that little Gracie will be born on her exact due date, but what are the chances of that happening? I keep thinking which day will she be born? How big will she be? Will she have a lot of hair or no hair at all? I look back on my entire pregnancy and how lucky I was to have such a good experience. No morning sickness, not a lot of swelling, no complications. I'm truly lucky. I've been standing in the mirror a lot today looking at my belly thinking what will I look like without it? I honestly can't remember what it was like not having a baby bump. It's weird cause before I got pregnant I wondered what I would look like with a baby bump. Gracie was just moving like crazy a few minutes ago, is it going to be weird not feeling her kicks, hiccups, wiggles and occasional hit to my ribs? I know these are all natural feelings, but I still can't help but to think what is it going to be like? Now onto labor, at about 25 weeks I remember starting to get really nervous about what it was going to be like. Holy crap was I nervous. I remember about 2 years ago when my sister had my youngest nephew I asked her how bad it hurt and she replied, "Imagine your period cramps times a million". Oh boy. I talked to my nana about it a few times and she told me that my great grandmother gave her some advise about pushing, and that was "Imagine you have to take a huge shit". I'm definitely going to take that advise with me into the delivery room . Now that I think about labor all I want to do is get her out, I just want to meet my little girl. I don't care how bad it hurts, that's what the epidural is for. My mom comes tomorrow and will be staying with us until after Gracie is born. I'm so glad she will be here with me through all of this. It doesn't matter how old you get, sometimes you still need your mom :) Also it will be great to have her here once Gracie arrives, and I can get her advise on things. All in all i'm ready, I'm SO ready for this little angel to arrive...8 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment